Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Grateful Scrapbook Layout | Suzanna Stein

Hey there crafty friends! Suzanna here, and I am so excited to share my first project here on the Shimmerz blog!

For this project, I used a mixture of Shimmerz products. I knew I wanted to use some vibrant pieces from Felicity Jane, and had the perfect colored products to go along with them!


I started by adding a few sprays of Vibez Rolling in the Hay and Spritz Chance of Rain to the background. I love the textured look this gave, and how well the colors popped against my white card stock. Then, after layering the papers behind my photo, I chose two shades of Texturez to use: Artie Choked and Crushed Coral.


Using a small art sponge, I dabbed the Texturez in a cloud shape where my photo would be going. I wanted them to show around the photo, and feel as though they created a mat. Then, I adhered my photo and embellished with floral elements.

To make the layout feel whole, I added a little of both Texturez colors to the top corner, diagonal from my photo and embellishment cluster.


Once everything was adhered, I went back with Spritz Chance of Rain, Vibez Rolling in the Hay, and Coloringz No Yoking. With each of these colors, I splattered messy drips in a diagonal line across the layout. I love the way this tied everything together.


These colors were so perfect for this layout, and really made the photo pop! I love the vibrant colors, mixed with the bold black title and date. The messy feeling of the background is balanced perfectly by the clean layers I used behind my photo. I love the way this layout turned out!

I can't wait to share another fun project with you later this month! Thank you for stopping by!


1 comment:

Rocío López said...

Love the layout!! It is super sweet and the colors match perfectly.